Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register sp_MemberList Members

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS student-icon
Single parent with 300K in stident loan debt
July 24, 2018
9:39 am
Jane
Guests

Hello Michael,
In about a year I will graduate with a doctor of pharmacy degree, and with almost 300K in student loan debt (all graduate federal loans)… I’m in my 30ies and I’m also a single parent. The average salary is about 120K, however, it can be lower for new practitioners. I would like to pay it off as soon as possible. I don’t know how much tax break I would get being a single parent and making around 120K. I’ve even been looking into serving in the army(120K loan repayment) or moving to the states (such as Alaska or North Dakota) which offer partial student loan forgiveness/repayment for pharmacists. I’m used to living frugally and don’t know anything besides that. However, I don’t want to be a slave to the student loans and work for their full repayment until my retirement. What are the best repayment options in my case?
Thank you

July 24, 2018
11:22 am
Indiana
Admin
Forum Posts: 334
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have you looked into Public Service Loan Forgiveness? If you work as a pharmacist for the government or a 501(c)(3) hospital, you may be able to get a ton of debt forgiven.

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis

Most Users Ever Online: 27

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 159

Members: 5841

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats: